New Coastal Flood Maps/Study (2021 Adoption)
In an effort to reduce overall flood risks and to build a stronger and safer community, new flood maps have been developed for the coastal area of Douglas County. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), in collaboration with Douglas County, the City of Reedsport, and the Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries, has utilized the latest technology and best available data to update Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) for this area of the County.
Comments & Appeals
Note - 90-day appeal period ended on August 20, 2019.
Community members are encouraged to review and comment on the preliminary flood maps. You can also use this online Flood Map Comparison viewer to compare the new maps with the current maps. Just enter an address into the search bar and use the slider feature to compare. Please submit comments to the Douglas County Planning Department using this Comment and Appeals Form (PDF) (you can also view an online version of this form).
Email the Planning Department the completed form, or mail it to:
1036 SE Douglas Avenue
Douglas County Courthouse - Justice Building
Roseburg, OR 97470
- Project initiated - March 2014
- Draft maps provided - August 16, 2016
- Preliminary maps released - March 29, 2018
- Revised preliminary maps released - August 31, 2018
- Consultation Coordination Officers meeting - September 17, 2018
- Public Open House - March 12, 2019
- Appeal Period Starts - May 22, 2019
- Appeal Period Ends - August 20, 2019
- Effective date for new maps - June 2020 (Project dates are subject to revision as the project progresses)