Online Tax Payments
The Tax Collector will accept VISA or MASTERCARD credit/debit card, or e-check online payments via the internet.
Credit/debit card or e-check payments CANNOT be accepted at the Tax Counter. We have a computer in the lobby that can be used to access the online tax payment system.
Please note: Properties in Tax Foreclosure or owned by Suppressed Owners are ineligible to make online tax payment through our online tax payment portal.
An online tax payment is a service provided by a financial institution charging a convenience fee. If paying by credit card, you will be charged a convenience fee of 2.49% (for a tax payment of $1,000 a convenience fee of $24.90 will be added for a total charge to your card of $1,024.90). If paying by debit card you will be charged a $3.95 per payment transaction. If paying by e-check you will be charged $3.00 per payment transaction.
Use of these convenience services is voluntary. There is no fee for payments made to the Douglas County Tax Collector by check, money order, or cashier's check (please convert cash to one of these forms of payment) when made by mail or left in a designated drop box. Please do not send cash through the mail.
Making an Online Payment
- To make an online payment you will need:
- The property tax account number and the amount you want to pay. The account number will be located on your annual property tax statement or your reminder notice. If you do not have a current tax statement or reminder notice, contact the Tax Office for the current amount due. The tax account number will begin with an R, M, U or P.
- Your credit/debit card with a VISA or MASTERCARD logo, if paying by card; or if paying by e-check, your bank’s routing number and your bank account number.
Please note: If an e-payment transaction is processed against an account with insufficient funds or is otherwise returned, a NSF/Returned Check fee will be applied to the property tax account, any discount may be lost, and the account may be subject to interest.
- A valid email address. Your payment confirmation will be sent there.
- You can pay one account per transaction. Both full and partial payments are accepted. It will take approximately 48 hours for your tax account balance to be updated.
- Once you have completed your transaction be sure to print a copy of your confirmation for reference. Online payments will be considered timely if completed and transmitted prior to 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on the payment due date.
When you are ready to make a VISA, MASTERCARD or e-check payment, click the "Make Payment" button below.