- Public Affairs Office
Public Affairs Office
The Douglas County Public Affairs Office is the principal point of contact and communications hub for Douglas County Government. *
The Public Affairs Office, on behalf of Douglas County Government, is responsible for:
- Writing and distributing information to the public concerning County activities, services and programs via news releases, newsletters, fact sheets, videos and photos.
- Creating content for County publications, website and social media platforms.
- Coordinating media and public relations.
- Managing public records requests.
- Organizing special events and programs.
- Community outreach and presentations.
- Facilitating emergency communications.
Media: We ask that you direct all media inquiries and questions regarding the Board of Commissioners and all County Departments directly to our office for review and processing.
*Please note that the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office has its own Public Information Officer, and you will need to reach out to their office for information or requests.
Commissioners Celebrate National Search & Rescue WeekCommissioners celebrated National Search & Rescue Week by issuing a proclamation to our dedicated Douglas County Search and Rescue coordinators and volunteers prior to the business meeting on Wednesday, May 17, 2023. Read on...
Douglas County Museum Opens New Exhibit – Archie Creek FireDouglas County Commissioners, Douglas County Museum along with exhibit sponsors Douglas County Museum Foundation and Douglas Timber Operators (DTO) are pleased to announce that the latest exhibit, “Archie Creek Fire,” is now open for visitors. Read on...
Wed Jun. 7
Wed Jun. 14
Wed Jun. 21
Wed Jun. 28
Wed Jul. 5
Wed Jul. 12
Click here for Press Releases Page
Subscribe to our Douglas County eNewsletter
Sign up for Douglas County eNewsletter